Sunday, July 20, 2008

Museum Displays, yay.

Still recovering from the train ride to Hadrian's Wall, so did nothing except school work. On Tuesday, we took a field trip to THE British Museum. It was nifty seeing objects that I studied in Art History I at DCCC, but after awhile, all the pots and sculptures look the same.



The Soundbox of Lyre (Hell yeah, I still remember the name. Thanks, Bertha Gutman.) It's Sumerian.



Some Buddha. And being the wonderful Asian I am, I can't tell you squat about it.

In other news, across the street from THE British Museum is a comic book store called Gosh! (they put the exclamation point there, not me). Purchased Manga Shakespeare: Hamlet and Coraline the Graphic Novel. Haven't read Hamlet, but Coraline is delightfully frightening.



The one and only picture I took during the Hadrian's Wall adventure. Newcastle, UK.

No comments: