Monday, July 7, 2008

London HOOOOOOO!!!!

Greetings from the Greatest City in the Universe, which is also known as London. I'm settled in my apartment, excuse me, flat. It's huge, with about ten bedrooms on it. I'm rooming with two other girls, one of whom I've had about 50 classes with at Temple, but never really talked with until now. Cool on how things work out.

This is my second day here in jolly old England. After I arrived at Heathrow (which was smooth: barely line at Customs and my suitcase was the first one on the conveyor belt), took the Tube to Gloucester Road. Everything here is brightly colored, mostly with primaries. And it was rainy and cloudy, perfect English weather. Then, I just wandered around on the street until I found a hostel.

In this part of London, streets aren't clearly labeled. And they give different streets the same name: Queen's Gate, Queen's Gate Palace, Queen's Gate Terrace, Queens Gate Mews, Queens Gate Gardens, all within blocks of each other. Other than that, getting around is easy.

Breakdown of the rest of DAY 1: Walked through Kensington Gardens, petted a large swan near the Round Pond (swan wasn't too happy), took short nap, called Liz (former friend's ex-girlfriend, if you were dying to know), and we ate dinner at a Mexican place in Piccadilly Circus (Times Square, except London-y), and hung out for awhile.

DAY 2: Not as exciting. Many walks around here trying to find out where I check in, where my apartment was. But everything's okay now.

No comments: