Thursday, October 25, 2007

Questioning your place in the world? Unsure of where to go next?

Then, try fencing. I don't know what it is about holding a weapon and wearing a mask and poking people that gives me such a sense of purpose. But what matters is that I have it. Am I going to be a professional fencer? No. Does fencing have really anything to do with rock journalism? No. Are there professional fencers? I have no idea.

But I do want to be focused and I want to concentrate on school, writing, and fencing training because when I went to the FAP, I realized I have forgotten everything I learned. Including the fencing club's location, the difference between a left handed weapon and a right handed one, how to get dressed (all I needed was a freaking mask! Jeez, Fossett!), and how to do more than one thing at once (tap the other person's foible, extend, close the distance.)

Okay, blog readers. It's on the Internet, so that makes it official.

KRIS FOSSETT'S VOWS TO BE A BETTER PERSON
I Will...
Fence every Thursday night. And I mean every Thursday night. The only concert that I will skip fencing for is Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson (if he ever picks his solo career back up). (But Regina Spektor was really amazing.) (And Kelly Clarkson would have been fresh.) (Crap, what if MC Lars comes on a Thursday night?) (Or Avril Lavigne?) (1990s, DIO?!!)
Okay, I will fence every Thursday night, and if someone I love comes to town, then I will use my best judgement and see which one is more important.
Read all the documents and chapters that I have to. Before the SEPTA ride to school.
Write all my stories, articles, papers, etc. LONG before deadline.
Turn all articles the midnight before the day of deadline. Not of. Or after.
Study the night of the test. Not on the way to school.
Stop doodling and writing stories during History. I'm not in high school anymore.
Eat more fruits and vegtables. Remember those things. Fossett?
Not excessively drink.
Well, I will use my best judgement to discern when it is an okay time to excessively drink.


And I vow to make this last!

2 comments:

Mad Pierrot said...

Wow... It's not even New Years yet ad you're making vows and bending them. Dude. But I should probably do something similar. Right after Halloween... Speaking of, you should call me if you're not going to be busy Wednesday night.

Kris Fossett said...

I'm a rebel man. Besides, who needs to wait till December to better themselves?