Monday, September 17, 2007

Y,Y,Y?!

I've been sitting here, steaming over the Great Mystery that is the opposite sex. What is it about the Y chromosome that makes men so freaking difficult to understand?

And after journaling, pouting, and making mixtapes, I realized something.

If dudes and ladies immediately understood one another, what would be the point? Would romance be nearly as fun if instantly you instantly understood the guy? Would telling the story of how you met be exciting if you everything was easy for you?

No. I think that one of the pleasures in life is to be frustrated by guys that you are romantically interested in. I mean, if guys called back right away and didn't leave you wondering what the hell you did wrong on the first date, if you did anything wrong, which you don't think you did, would that be fun? Would I have created that sad mixtape? Or even writing this blog?

No.

Besides, if I had the oppurtunity to be a guy for one day, I would turn it down and run the other way. Unless I could be Bruce Dickinson between 1982 and 1985. But then again, he's really, really hairy. He seems to sweat buckets, too. And he lived in a tour bus with four other guys. That bus probably smelled pretty bad. Scratch that. I wouldn't be any guy, even if he was Iron Maiden's frontman.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, yeah, me neither.

Brilliant, Fossett, Brilliant!!!

Ahwatukee Karen said...

Kristine,

So deep. Men are a wonderful and necessary creatures. But I'd never want to be one either. Not even for a day. Does it seem that all the great love song are written and sung by men? Remember, when a man truly loves you, it's forever. And it's lots of fun loving him back :)

Aunt Karen

Mad Pierrot said...

You've just made my week better, even if only a little bit.