Sunday, September 16, 2007

BRING BACK ANALOGUE!

Wow, it took me a really long time, but I've finally discovered what probably bajillions of rock snobs already know: analogue recording freaking rules.

I mean, records buzz in between songs. And I guess since I bought scratched records at a flea market, they're all squeaky in between songs. My needle is also messed up, so that I miss the first few measures of the opening song (which is really annoying because some openers, like AC/DC's "It's a Long Way to the Top" and The Who's "Baba O'Riley," NEED those few opening bars). It's so fantastic.

Not only to records rule, but so do cassette tapes. Years ago, I begged my parents for a CD player because I couldn't stand the constant rewinding of tapes, but now they rule. Especially making mixes on cassettes. I plan on doing that.

More things I plan on bringing back: brightly colored spandex pants. Trust me, they're going to be the new rage all over again. So is wearing an aikido dogi top with black pants. If you want people to run the opposite way, make it appear as though you're a ninja. No one messes with ninjas. I guess if I really want to push the envelope, I could wear spandex pants with an aikido doig top. Especially since I plan on not continuing with aikido after this semester. No offense eastern martial arts, but you're just not for me. You're just not DRAMATIC enough.

And in response to my last post, no, I still haven't emailed BD. One day, I will. I will.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you mean Eastern martial arts aren't dramatic enough?!? Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jean-Claude Van Damme (Okay, so kickboxing isn't that Eastern, but Karate is. And he's hot.) And come on now, Jackie Chan!!

Not to mention Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (which admittedly, I haven't seen, but I'm sure is very dramatic.) And Shanghai Noon! Duh.

Get with it, Fossett. :b

What's that? You mean real life martial arts?? Psh. It could happen —Krisworld!!

Especially with your imagination. You'll just need some awesomely cheesy made-in-China plastic figurines with karate-chop action to come with that drama meal.

Unknown said...

Oh, and turntables and accompanying vinyl are only my to-buy list. But you already know that.

Kris Fossett said...

No, to me eastern martial arts just isn't as DRAMATIC as fencing. Yes, they're cool to watch, and the discipline it takes is amazing, but no, they're not for me. Fencing has the right amount of DRAMA to keep me interested. I like moving with a bit of steel to fight. Not to mention, it doesn't receive the credit that eastern martial arts do.

And if you haven't seen the movies, you can't use them as examples. Besides, the wise-cracking American teamed up with a kick-ass, clueless Asian has been done so many times.