Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's About Bloody Time!

I don't know about you, but I'm relieved to see that Honduras is on the front page or top story or whatever you call the first story on an Internet news source. It's not that I didn't like Micheal Jackson (how can you not love Thriller? Even robots love Thriller.) But aren't there more important things in the world going on?

I mean, the man hadn't made a decent album in decades. And he was bat shit crazy (see proof from Chris Leavins). But, still, he was a media spectacle, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

But look at this kick ass doll my friend's mother found! (Further proof that you can't hate Thriller.)

And don't worry Farrah Fawcett. I remembered you, at least.

1 comment:

Angela Moseley said...

I dunno. Considering how many contributions that Michael Jackson made to the world of music it's not surprising that nearly every media outlet would cover him. It's easy to forget that he broke down many racial and music barriers, brought amazing innovation to the industry years ago, and is one of the best selling artists of all time. Previous generations had the passing of Elvis and John Lennon, and I can't imagine (though I could easily research) what the coverage would have been like.

Still, the news goes on but we won't stop hearing about Jackson for quite some time.

Finally, when are you going to submit some work to DC? I see you've been writing a lot of interesting reviews around here. Why not repost a few on Damage Control? :3