Thursday, May 28, 2009

We Need Kendo!

There are lots of things I think the Philadelphia suburbs need.

Like a convenient public transportation system that won't take to you to Points C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J before you hit Point B. Or coffee shops that aren't Starbucks. Or just fill in the blank. If you live in a suburb, you know what I'm talking about.

But what I think the suburbs are most seriously lacking is kendo dojos.

Is that too much to ask? There has to be a large audience who want to learn the ancient art of Japanese sword fighting. I can only hack away at my boyfriend with a wooden katana for so long before one of us loses an eye.

And if you need martial arts weapons, like those metal stick things Raphael from the Turtles uses or wooden katanas, try this place.

No comments: