Saturday, August 9, 2008

Who needs Paris

When there's so much to do in London?

Last class was Thursday, August 7 (which was another reason to celebrate the day, the first commemorating the 50 years of AWESOME!!!, otherwise known as Bruce Dickinson's birthday). My grades aren't finalized yet, so I'll say what I thought about Temple's study abroad program at a later time.

Yesterday, I attended the Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court. Now, me being the fantasy/sci-fi/anime lover that I am, have attended many a convention in my day.

Not as great as this one. 10 pounds to taste over 450 beers from around the world? Lovely. Don't remember much about it, though.

And today...



I wish my fellow Americans wouldn't shrug off soccer/football as "Oh, the one where they kick?" Because the West Ham United vs. Villareal game ruled! Didn't see as many fights as I expected (or none at all). My friend who lives around there says I needed to see the Hammers back in the 80s when fights broke out all the time.

And now, just relaxing and enjoying the silence; everyone in the dorm either went to Paris or some other European destination. Grant it, I don't have a problem with anyone here, but a floor with 30 college girls can wear my nerves after awhile.

No comments: